ITS Advisory Council
The eight members of the ITS Berkeley Advisory Council come from varied backgrounds, including the transportation industry, governmental agencies, metropolitan planning organizations, and, in academia, the departments of city and regional planning, civil and environmental engineering, and mechanical engineering.
Despite their diverse experiences, they have a common interest in supporting forward-thinking transportation research.
- Robert Bertini, Professor, Civil & Environmental Engineering, Portland State University; formerly Deputy Administrator, Research and Innovative Technology Administration (RITA)
- Coco Briseno, Acting Division Chief, Caltrans Division of Research and Innovation
- Michael Cassidy, Professor of Civil and Environmental Engineering, UC Berkeley
- Ann Flemer, Deputy Executive Director, Policy, Metropolitan Transportation Commission
- Adib Kanafani, Professor, Civil and Environmental Engineering, Former Director of ITS Berkeley
- Max Shen, Professor, Department of Industrial Engineering and Operations Research, UC Berkeley
- Paul Waddell, Professor of City and Regional Planning, UC Berkeley
- Robert Wadell, President of Wadell Engineering Corp.