ITS serves as the nucleus for multidisciplinary transportation research, student engagement, and outreach at UC Berkeley, with 40 faculty members and 15 lead researchers from 12 UC Berkeley academic departments and schools and the Lawrence Berkeley Natioal Laboratory. Additionally, approximately 60 researchers and students are associated with ITS through our various research and educational activities.
ITS’s expertise, coupled with our physical proximity to Silicon Valley and the cities of San Francisco and Oakland, provide unparalleled opportunities to examine, propose, and test policies, technologies, and infrastructures.
• Civil and Environmental Engineering
• Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
• Industrial Engineering and Operations Research
SCHOOLS AND COLLEGES
• College of Environmental Design
• College of Natural Resources
• Goldman School of Public Policy
• Department of Politicl Science
LAWRENCE BERKELEY NATIONAL LABORATORY
• Energy Analysis and Environmental Impacts Division
• Energy Storage and Distributed Resources Division
STATE TRANSPORTATION INSTITUTES
• UC ITS
• ITS UCLA