The UC Institute of Transportation Studies is now accepting proposals for the FY 2022-23 Statewide Transportation Research Program (STRP) funded by the State of California through the Road Repair and Accountability Act of 2017 (Senate Bill 1) and the Public Transportation Account. The UC ITS is one of only a few UC-wide research programs that receives ongoing funding directly from the State of California. The legislature and executive branches have come to rely on UC ITS’ expertise and assistance to inform difficult and important choices about California’s transportation system.
UC Berkeley will be awarding approximately $750,000 in total across research priorities identified in partnership with the UC ITS’ Board of Advisors for the FY 2022-23 research program.
Please refer to the following resources for more information and to apply:
- Access the full RFP here.
- Prepare submission using this proposal template.
- Submit proposal via this Proposal Submission Site.
Note the timeline:
- Request for proposals released Tuesday, April 5, 2022.
- Proposal submissions due Tuesday, May 31, 2022 aat 5:00 pm PDT.
- Decisions will be communicated to PIs by Friday, July 29, 2022
If you have any additional questions, about the RFP or your eligbility to apply, please email Laura Melendy.