ITS Berkeley celebrated Award Winners Aug. 16, 2023 at the Richmond Field Station with an awards ceremony, lunch, a TechTransfer open house, NextCar display, and a tour of the UC Pavement Research Center.
We would like to congratulate our award winners once again:
- ITS Distinguished Legacy Award: Civil and Environmental Engineering Professor Emeritus Adib Kanafani (awarded October 2022): For his groundbreaking research, exemplary decades-long support of student research and education, and dedication to ITS and PATH leadership and operations.
- ITS Distinguished Award for Advancement of Research and Innovation: Contra Costa Transportation Authority Executive Director Tim Haile: For recognition of your robust and ongoing partnership with ITS Berkeley faculty and researchers on intelligent transportation systems.
- ITS Faculty of the Year: Civil and Environmental Engineering Professor Mark Hansen: For outstanding research and extraordinary dedication to teaching and mentorship in the field of air transportation.
- ITS Outstanding Graduate Student of the Year: 2023 CEE PhD graduate Jessica Lazarus: For outstanding research and notable contributions in the field of sustainable transportation.
- ITS Culture of Excellence Award: ITS Assistant Director Laura Melendy: For outstanding dedication to the mission of the Institute,exhibiting professionalism, exceptional resourcefulness, andabove-and-beyond commitment to our research centers, faculty, staff and students.
- ITS Team Leadership Award: Safe Transportation Research Education Center recently retired director Jill Cooper: For outstanding leadership through a challenging period, performed with extraordinary grace, commitment, and professionalism.
- ITS Distinguished Service Award: Sponsored Projects Office Research Administrator Peter Gudlewski: For outstanding support to the Institute of Transportation Studies and our researchers.
- ITS Staff of the Year: ITS Library Director Kendra Levine: For outstanding support to ITS students, faculty, and staff, and unwavering commitment to the educational and research mission of the ITS Berkeley, and UC ITS.
- PATH Culture of Excellence: Partners for Advanced Transportation Technology Computational Data Science Research Specialist Qijian Gan: For outstanding dedication to PATH's mission, your above-and-beyond commitment to the team, and for always leading by example.
- TSRC Staff of the Year: Transportation Sustainability Research Center Administrative Officer Michael Dysart: For excellent administrative and outstanding web support of TSRC for many years.
- PRC Culture of Excellence: UC Pavement Research Center Research And Development Engineer Julia Fonturbel: For excellent contributions to the quality of PRC testing.
- TechTransfer Instructor of the Year: Professor of Civil and Environmental Engineering at UC Davis John Harvey and City and County Pavement Improvement Center Specialist Erik Updyke: For extraordinary commitment and dedication to pavement training for local agencies.