The RFP will allocate approximately $4 million to support research that directly addresses and informs transportation policy, planning, and engineering issues in California. Funding allocated through this RFP comes from the State of California through an ongoing, annual allocation from the Road Repair and Accountability Act of 2017 (Senate Bill 1) and a one-time allocation in the 2021 State Budget for the Resilient and Innovative Mobility Initiative (RIMI).
The RFP is open to eligible applicants at UC Berkeley, UC Davis, UC Irvine, and other UC campuses. UCLA researchers are also eligible applicants; however, they must apply through a separate RFP being administered by UCLA ITS available at: bit.ly/UCLAITSRFP2023
Please refer to the following resources for more information and to apply:
- Access the full RFP here.
- Prepare submission using this proposal template.
- Submit proposal online via the UC ITS Proposal Submission Site
Important dates and timeline:
- Request for proposals released Wednesday, April 5, 2023.
- Proposal submissions due Wednesday, May 31, 2023 at 5:00 pm PDT.
- Applicants will be notified about award decisions by Friday, July 28, 2023
Questions concerning this RFP may be submitted using this online form.